About Me

My photo
Pudong, Shanghai, China

Monday, January 14, 2019

As someone who travels a lot I like to watch people and what they do during what can be very tedious journeys. The behaviour I find most strange is that of the person who immediately the seat belt light goes off switches on their laptop and starts pounding out e-mails. The most obvious thing they are missing is a period of relaxation by simply having a sleep, reading or watching a movie. the other less obvious miss is the opportunity to talk to the person who is going to be sharing a relatively small space with you for the next couple of hours. To be honest it doesn't matter who they work for or where they are from . What matters is that they have a different story to tell and `I guarantee you will learn something. On one flight I was lucky enough to be sitting next to Dr. Merom Klein . Merom started " The courage Institute and I can highly recommend his book "The Courage to Act" . I am sure we have all been in situations where we want to speak but don't have the courage to do it. Whenever we do this we are paying a great dis-service to the situation. I learned a lot from that 2 hour flight and I recommend that in situations when you have the chance to speak to people you will learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment